[Sayma-Announce] Pendle Hill programs for Friends

Shirley Dodson Shirley at pendlehill.org
Wed Jul 18 13:00:34 EDT 2007

Dear SAYMA Friends,

Pendle Hill seeks to serve Friends and Quaker meetings through programs
designed to support Quaker faith and practice.  Below is basic
information and links to the Pendle Hill website for five upcoming
programs, one each for peace and social justice activists, clerks,
recording clerks, people new to Quakerism, and those discerning their
calls to service.

Please feel free to share this information with others - to cut and
paste it into your own emails, include it in newsletters, etc.  Where
cost is a factor for participation in Pendle Hill events, note that
Pendle Hill has matching scholarships available.

Your input is important to us at Pendle Hill.  Please let me know if you
have questions, concerns, or suggestions for programs.  Thank you.  We
hope to welcome you to Pendle Hill soon!

Shirley Dodson
*****
September 7-9
Faithful, Effective Work for Peace and Justice
Annual Pendle Hill Weekend for Quaker Peace and Justice Committee Clerks
and Members

Presenters include:

*
	Mary Lord, former Assistant General Secretary for Peace and
Conflict Resolution, American Friends Service Committee (AFSC)
*
	Jim Cason, Associate Executive Secretary for Communications,
Community Building, and Campaigns, Friends Committee on National
Legislation (FCNL)
*
	Scilla Wahrhaftig, Program Director for the Pennsylvania Office,
AFSC; Quaker Initiative to End Torture
*
	Joan Broadfield, Peace and Justice Coordinator, PYM - and others

$180/shared room; $205/private room; $105/commuter
Matching funds are not available for this reduced-price event.

For more information:
http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2007_course_workshop_retreat_des
criptions.php#907
<http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2007_course_workshop_retreat_de
scriptions.php#907>
<http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8418&m_id=107757>
To register
<http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8410&m_id=107757> .
Register online
<http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8410&m_id=107757>
or via phone at (800) 742-3150, ext. 3 (US only) or (610) 566-4507, ext.
3 (worldwide).

Please follow the links for more information.  For information on Pendle
Hill and the other programs we offer, visit our website at
www.pendlehill.org
<http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8408&m_id=107757> .

_____

October 22-26
Faith to Follow: Responding to Call
A Pendle Hill short course with Viv Hawkins

In a Spirit-led context, those present will encourage and empower each
other to respond faithfully to spiritual calls.

Viv Hawkins offers this workshop under the care of Central Philadelphia
Monthly Meeting and endorsed by Philadelphia Yearly Meeting

$540/shared room; $635/private room; $375/commuter

For details,
http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2007_course_workshop_retreat_des
criptions.php#1022
<http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2007_course_workshop_retreat_de
scriptions.php#1022>

To register
<http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8410&m_id=107757> .
Register online
<http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8410&m_id=107757>
or via phone at (800) 742-3150, ext. 3 (US only) or (610) 566-4507, ext.
3 (worldwide).   Many participants are able to attend Pendle Hill
programs with the financial support of their meetings or other religious
or community organizations and our Matching Scholarship Fund.  Please
visit our Matching Scholarships page
<http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8419&m_id=107757>
for more information on how to apply, or to make a donation.

Please follow the links for more information.  For information on Pendle
Hill and the other programs we offer, visit our website at
www.pendlehill.org
<http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8408&m_id=107757> .

_____

November 2-4
Inquirers' Weekend:
An Introduction to Basic Quakerism
A Pendle Hill weekend with Jean-Marie Barch and Michael Cronin

For anyone seeking a deeper grounding in the basics of Quaker faith and
practice, with opportunities for worship, discussion, sharing, and
questions.

Jean-Marie Barch is a member of Schuylkill Friends Meeting who serves on
several committees of Friends General Conference and travels among
Friends in FGC's Traveling Ministries program.

Michael Cronin is a member of Friends Meeting of Washington, DC, and has
taught Inquirers' Classes there for 20 years.
$275/shared room; $330/private room; $200/commuter

For details,
http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2007_course_workshop_retreat_des
criptions.php#1102
<http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2007_course_workshop_retreat_de
scriptions.php#1102>

[...]

November 16-18   [Note: This workshop is almost full]
Clerking: Serving the Community with Joy and Confidence
A Pendle Hill weekend with Arthur Larrabee

An opportunity for both new and experienced clerks of Friends' meetings
and committees to think together about the role of presiding clerk.
There will be handouts, exercises, and opportunities to share
experiences.

Arthur Larrabee, General Secretary of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, has
led many workshops on clerking.  He has served as clerk of his meeting,
the Committee in Charge of Westtown School and Philadelphia Yearly
Meeting.

$275/shared room; $330/private room; $200/commuter

For details
http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2007_course_workshop_retreat_des
criptions.php#1116
<http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2007_course_workshop_retreat_de
scriptions.php#1116>

[...]

January 11-13
Recording: Spiritual Discipline and Communal Gift
A Pendle Hill weekend with Mario Cavallini

A workshop focused on the practical and spiritual dimensions of
recording, designed for both new and experienced recording clerks of
Quaker meetings.

Mario Cavallini, a member of Mickleton Monthly Meeting (NJ), has written
minutes and epistles for Quaker groups ranging from clearness committees
to annual sessions of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting.

$275/shared room; $330/private room; $200/commuter

For details:
http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/winter_2008_course_workshop_retreat_d
escriptions.php#111
[...]

Director of Communications