[Sayma-Announce] SAYMA newsletter revives

Kathleen Mavournin kmav at icx.net
Sun Jun 10 21:52:00 EDT 2007

Dear Friends,

The Southern Appalachian Friend, SAYMA's quarterly newsletter, will
resume publication this summer after a one year hiatus. Yearly
Meeting approved me to be the editor at the session just concluded.

I plan to publish early in the months following our Yearly Meeting
and Representative Meetings, i.e. July, October, January and May.  I
realize this is not exactly symmetrical with regard to the calendar
but it will allow news from these important SAYMA sessions to be
distributed promptly.

Please submit news, announcements, essays, or poems relating to our
Yearly Meeting, the work of Wider Quaker Organizations or Quaker
living, concerns and testimonies. I am also interested in receiving
small black and white drawings. Include your name and email address
or phone number with all submissions, please.

The most convenient way for me to receive them is via email at
SAFeditor at sayma.org.

Short items may be mailed to SAF, c/o Kathleen Mavournin, 344 Seven
Oaks Drive, Knoxville TN 37922-3411. Publication of longer items sent
by regular mail will depend on whether/when I have time to retype them.

Because I have just been approved for the position and the
publication date for my first issue is rapidly approaching, the
deadline for submissions for the summer issue will have to be the
20th of this month. I realize that doesn't leave much time and I
apologize. I'll get out notices much earlier in the future. The
deadline for the fall issue will be the 10th of Ninth Month.

Hoping to hear from many of you,
Kathleen Mavournin
W. Knoxville Monthly Meeting