[Sayma-Announce] Fw: AFSC Job Opening

Liz Perch, SAYMA Admin Assistant adminasst at sayma.org
Wed Jun 27 15:42:32 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Warady
To: adminasst at sayma.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:36 PM
Subject: AFSC Job Opening

6/27/2007

Dear Southern Appalachian Yearly Meeting and Association,

My name is Michael Warady, and I am contacting you from the Human Resources Department of the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) in Philadelphia, PA.

We are reaching out to as many Yearly Meetings as possible as part of our search for a new Director and Representative of the Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO) in New York City.

QUNO is the official Friends presence at the United Nations, and it reflects the historic concern of Friends for developing and strengthening international institutions of peace.  The American Friends Service Committee, which administers QUNO on behalf of Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC), is seeking an individual to represent FWCC and AFSC at the UN.  The Director, who is a member of the Religious Society of Friends, oversees and directs all aspects of QUNO and Quaker House.  As the official representative, the Director is responsible for promoting and communicating Quaker perspectives and values regarding matters before the U.N.

A complete job description is available on the AFSC website: www.AFSC.org/jobs/.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would please distribute this job announcement to members of your Yearly Meeting.

Interested candidates can either apply online through www.AFSC.org/jobs/, or send a letter of interest and resume to Willa Streater at jobs at afsc.org by August 31, 2007.

Thank you very much for your assistance with this recruitment!  Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Mike Warady

Mike Warady

Recruitment & Data Managment Assistant