[Sayma-Announce] Fall Quakerism programs at Pendle Hill

Shirley Dodson Shirley at pendlehill.org
Tue Jul 22 16:21:38 EDT 2008

Dear Friends,

Below is information about some of the Quakerism programs Pendle Hill is
offering this fall.  Matching scholarships are available for these
events.  Please feel free to cut and paste this information into
newsletters, emails to others, etc.  We look forward to welcoming SAYMA
Friends to Pendle Hill!

In faith,
Shirley Dodson
*****
September 5-7, 2008

Faithful, Effective Work for Peace and Justice
<blocked::http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2008_course_workshop_r
etreat_descriptions.php#0905>

Fourth Annual Pendle Hill Retreat for Clerks and Members of Peace and
Social Concerns Committees

Speakers include Mary Lord, Kathy Guthrie, Clinton Pettus, Scilla
Wahrhaftig, Joan Broadfield and Kristina Keefe-Perry

Refresh your spirit for a renewed commitment to a world free from want
and war.  Learn from each other and representatives of Quaker
organizations that daily seek peace, justice, and sustainability.  Share
ideas, information, and strategies for a year of faithful - and
effective - work for peace and justice.  Presented by American Friends
Service Committee (AFSC), Friends Committee on National Legislation
(FCNL), Quaker Earthcare Witness, Quaker Initiative to End Torture
(QUIT), and Pendle Hill.

Register online
<blocked::http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8410&m_id=
107757>  or via phone at (800) 742-3150, ext. 3 (US only) or (610)
566-4507, ext. 3 (worldwide).

For information on Pendle Hill and the other programs we offer, visit
our website at www.pendlehill.org <blocked::http://www.pendlehill.org/>
or call (800) 742-3150, ext. 3 (US only) or (610) 566-4507, ext. 3
(worldwide).

________________________________

October 10-12, 2008

Youth Workers Training Retreat
<blocked::http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2008_course_workshop_r
etreat_descriptions.php#1010>

a Pendle Hill weekend workshop with Kri Burkander and Lisa Graustein

This fast-paced, fully experiential workshop is a chance for new and
current youth workers to build their skills and expand their repertoire
of games, activities, and responses to common youth issues. Each session
will combine activities to take back home along with the underlying
theory and pedagogy behind their effectiveness. We will explore
explicitly issues of community building, child safety, working with
challenging youth, group dynamics, and program development through
games, activities, worship, and discussion. Whether you staff a Yearly
Meeting program or work with your monthly meeting youth, this retreat
will give you the tools, theory, and skills needed to run a safe,
dynamic, and Spirit-nurturing youth program.

Register online
<blocked::http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8410&m_id=
107757>  or via phone at (800) 742-3150, ext. 3 (US only) or (610)
566-4507, ext. 3 (worldwide).

For information on Pendle Hill and the other programs we offer, visit
our website at www.pendlehill.org <blocked::http://www.pendlehill.org/>
or call (800) 742-3150, ext. 3 (US only) or (610) 566-4507, ext. 3
(worldwide).

________________________________

October 31-November 2, 2008

Inquirers' Weekend: An Introduction To Quakerism
<blocked::http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2008_course_workshop_r
etreat_descriptions.php#1031>

a Pendle Hill weekend workshop with Helen Garay Toppins and Thomas Swain

Ready to take a closer look at Quakerism? Join fellow seekers for a
deeper grounding in the basics of Quaker faith and practice and how they
connect to your spiritual journey. In the relaxed atmosphere of Pendle
Hill, there will be opportunities for worship, discussion, sharing, and
questions. We welcome all - new members, long-time Friends seeking a
fresh start, and anyone interested in an introduction to Quakerism.

Register online
<blocked::http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8410&m_id=
107757>  or via phone at (800) 742-3150, ext. 3 (US only) or (610)
566-4507, ext. 3 (worldwide).

For information on Pendle Hill and the other programs we offer, visit
our website at www.pendlehill.org <blocked::http://www.pendlehill.org/>
or call (800) 742-3150, ext. 3 (US only) or (610) 566-4507, ext. 3
(worldwide).

________________________________

November 14-16, 2008
Clerking: Serving the Community with Joy and Confidence
<blocked::http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2008_course_workshop_r
etreat_descriptions.php#1114>

a Pendle Hill weekend workshop with Arthur Larrabee

In this popular workshop, consider: how to develop a philosophy of
clerking, techniques of good clerking, the fundamentals of a Quaker
meeting for business, how to make meetings for business more truly
meetings for worship, what a "sense of the meeting" is and where to look
for it, distinguishing political and spiritual statements, and ways to
deal with humanly difficult questions, issues, and decisions.

Register online
<blocked::http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8410&m_id=
107757>  or via phone at (800) 742-3150, ext. 3 (US only) or (610)
566-4507, ext. 3 (worldwide).

For information on Pendle Hill and the other programs we offer, visit
our website at www.pendlehill.org <blocked::http://www.pendlehill.org/>
or call (800) 742-3150, ext. 3 (US only) or (610) 566-4507, ext. 3
(worldwide).

________________________________

December 5-7, 2008

Claiming Our Peace Testimony
<blocked::http://www.pendlehill.org/programs/fall_2008_course_workshop_r
etreat_descriptions.php#1205b>

a Pendle Hill weekend workshop with Mary Lord

Investigate the spiritual roots of Quaker peacemaking, share personal
peace journeys, and explore the rich heritage of Quaker experiments and
experience as peacemakers.  What does the peace testimony mean for us
today - for our personal lives, our meetings, and the wider world?  Is
it practical?  Have we made a difference?

Register online
<blocked::http://pendlehill.vervemail.net/vmff/vm_link.php?id=8410&m_id=
107757>  or via phone at (800) 742-3150, ext. 3 (US only) or (610)
566-4507, ext. 3 (worldwide).

For information on Pendle Hill and the other programs we offer, visit
our website at www.pendlehill.org <blocked::http://www.pendlehill.org/>
or call (800) 742-3150, ext. 3 (US only) or (610) 566-4507, ext. 3
(worldwide).

*****

Shirley Dodson
Director of Communications