[Sayma-Announce] AFSC Regional Director opportunity

Charles Schade c.vmbra at verizon.net
Wed Jul 30 23:41:26 EDT 2008

I received a message from Howard Cell, Clerk of the American Friends Service Committee Mid Atlantic Region Executive Committee, noting that Clinton Pettus, the previous Regional Director had been appointed AFSC Deputy General Secretary for Program.  That is very good news for AFSC, as Clinton has made a reputation as an excellent leader within the Mid Atlantic Region, but it is sad for the MAR.  Howard's note included the following:

"With the appointment of our Regional Director, Clinton Pettus, to a new position within AFSC as its Deputy General Secretary for Program, MAR has initiated a search process for a new Regional Director. So, I have also attached copies of the position announcement and of the job description, with the hope that you will all help advertize the opening as widely as possible. Please encourage any individuals that you believe should apply for this position to respond to the general ad; and if you are associated with any other non-profit organizations that might have members or staff who would be interested in, and qualified for, this position, please contact them as well. The Search Committee would like to have as strong a candidate pool as possible, and as in so many other things, personal communication is the best form of advertisement."

I have attached the announcement and job description.  If you are interested, I would urge you to apply.  MAR has some really good work going on at the moment.  We'd like it to continue.

Charles Schade
SAYMA member of AFSC Corporation