[Sayma-Announce] FW: Alternative Career Opportunities in Kentucky Project

Liz Perch adminasst at sayma.org
Thu Sep 11 16:27:49 EDT 2008

From: rachelsuzannedickson at gmail.com [mailto:rachelsuzannedickson at gmail.com]
On Behalf Of Rachel Dickson
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:00 PM
To: Subject: Alternative Career Opportunities in Kentucky Project

Dear Friends,

The American Friends Service Committee Great Lakes Regional Office is
putting together a booklet on career opportunities for young people in
Kentucky (see our version for Illinois here: http://www.afsc.org/Youth
<http://www.afsc.org/Youth&Militarism/ht/display/ContentDetails/i/18301#illi
nois> &Militarism/ht/display/ContentDetails/i/18301#illinois )

We are looking for contacts in the region to include in our booklet.  We
specifically want information on job training, resources for funding college
(local scholarships), internships, apprenticeships, trade schools, small
business training programs, artisan training, and gap year opportunities.

Although we are looking for information on opportunities across Kentucky, we
want to focus our search on Hardin, Union, Edmonson, Anderson, and McCreary
Counties, as these counties have been the most heavily recruited by the
military and we feel that it is most important to help these youth find
alternative opportunities so that they are free to make their own decisions.

Once our booklet is finished, we would love to send you some copies to pass
around.
Please let us know if you have any contacts or information to share.  Thanks
for your help.

Sincerely,

Rachel Dickson
AFSC Great Lakes Region