[Sayma-Announce] Friends Peace Teams - African Summer Workcamps 2010

Dawn L. Rubbert auntdawn at charter.net
Fri Oct 16 22:28:34 EDT 2009

Greetings SAYMA Friends,

Each summer AGLI (AG-lee) - the African Great Lakes Initiative of Friends Peace Teams - offers summer workcamps for all ages. To date the youngest has been 8 and the oldest 84 although most are between 17 and 35. Last summer we had a family of 4 from NYYM. Two years ago it was a family of 5 from southern Illinois (ILYM). This summer we are sponsoring workamps in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. More details are attached.

We want to share this information with SAYMA Friends. Attached are two documents which are intended to be printed back to back but the "flyer" can be used alone. The flyer has color across the top but looks fine if printed in black and white. Please share widely. If you would like something more brief or formated differently please let me know.

The full description and application information are available from me and on AGLI's website - www.aglionline.org.
I will be happy to answer any questions that may arise.

In Peaceful Service,
Dawn

Dawn L. Rubbert, Program Manager
African Great Lakes Initiative/Friends Peace Teams
1001 Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO  63104 USA
314-647-1287
Dawn at aglionline.org
http://www.aglionline.org

"What does love look like? It has hands to help others.  It has feet to
hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want.  It has
ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men.  That is what love looks like."
 --St. Augustine (354-430)