[Sayma-Announce] Haiti--prayers please

Liz Perch adminasst at sayma.org
Wed Jan 13 18:08:44 EST 2010

Dear Friends,

Julian Brelsford is a young adult Friend with whom I worked at Philadelphia
Yearly Meeting.  His parents provided me with hospitality when I visited
Central Alaska Yearly Meeting in 2004.

Julian and his sister were working with the relief organization Heads
Together Haiti when the earthquake hit.  The building in which they were
staying collapsed.  Julian is basically okay-probably a few broken toes and
some scratches.  Christa's leg was crushed and she lost a lot of blood.
There is a very real possibility that she will lose her leg. Their brother
writes, "news I've heard is that Christa and Julian are in a US ambulance
with an army Sergeant enroute to the airport for evacuation. Christa has
medevac insurance, so I don't think that money is the limiting factor right
now. We've been in touch with the US government and Christa's insurance
company, and both are working to get them out."

As you hold all the people of Haiti in the light, please say a special
prayer for these two devoted young peaceworkers.

In friendship,

LIZ

Liz Perch

SAYMA Administrative Assistant