[Sayma-Announce] Announcement of Upcoming Retreat Opportunity

evdavwes at aol.com evdavwes at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 11:48:20 EDT 2010

Joinhosts Peter Buck, Joy Hodges and Evan Richardson for RecreatingEncounters with the SpiritThursday December 2 through Sunday December 5, 2010.  The retreatwill be held at the Prama Institute in Marshall, NC(http://www.pramainstitute.org/). The focus is to settle into individual and corporate experiences ofconnecting with Spirit through Extended Quaker Worship, InterPlay andCommunity.  We seek to set aside the busy-ness of our daily lives andminds and open up to the Life in our midst available to us at alltimes.  We seek to know this place and the wisdom and guidance thatcomes forth when we allow ourselves to be held together in a place ofloving truth and joy.

Peterand Evan are members of Asheville Friends Meeting.  Joy lives inAsheville, is a graduate of Earlham and has attended AshevilleFriends Meeting.  Peter and Joy are also actively engaged inInterPlay, which is an experiential mind-body-spirit discipline thatinvolves letting go, getting out of the way for inspiration to movethrough us.  It has huge potential to deepen our experience ofworship and community.

Thecost of the retreat is $285 for three nights, three gourmetvegetarian meals/day, the program and full access to 150 acres ofrolling hills and woodlands.  If you are interested in knowing moreabout this opportunity please contact Evan Richardson atrecreatingencounters at gmail.com or 828-242-2779.