[Sayma-Announce] FW: take action in support of American Muslims

Liz Perch adminasst at sayma.org
Thu Sep 2 21:57:45 EDT 2010

From: Joe Parko [mailto:jparko90 at charter.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 5:46 PM
To: Liz Perch
Subject: take action in support of American Muslims

from FCNL--please circulate around SAYMA

Joe Volk: "I am an American Muslim, too"

Two days ago, FCNL asked you to sign our
<http://action.fcnl.org/r/A/MTQyMjI2/ODc3ODI/0/0/aHR0cDovL2FjdGlvbi5mY25sLm9
yZy9wZXRpdGlvbnMvZV9vbmx5L3dlX3N0YW5kX3dpdGhfYW1lcmljYW5fbXVzbGltcy8%20>
petition in support of American Muslims, and
<http://action.fcnl.org/r/A/MTQyMjI3/ODc3ODI/0/0/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5mY25sLm9yZy9
hY3Rpb24vYWxlcnQuaHRt%20> consider taking other initiatives to facilitate
interfaith conversation in your communities.

from across the political spectrum.  In his latest blog post, FCNL Executive
Secretary Joe Volk reflects on
<http://action.fcnl.org/r/A/MTQyMjI4/ODc3ODI/0/0/aHR0cDovL2Zjbmwud29yZHByZXN
zLmNvbS8yMDEwLzA5LzAxL2ktYW0tYW4tYW1lcmljYW4tbXVzbGltLXRvby8%20> questions
of race and religious freedom.  "I can't exercise freedom of religion to be
a Quaker unless my American Muslim brothers and sisters can exercise their
freedom to be Muslims.  Curb their freedom, tell them no they can't build an
Islamic community center there, and you've done the same to me."

More than 3,300 of you have signed the "We Stand with American Muslims"
petition in two days, and we have appreciated hearing your comments and
feedback.  Will you help us build this list of signatories to 11,000 before
September 11? See a list of people who have
<http://action.fcnl.org/r/A/MTQyMjI5/ODc3ODI/0/0/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5mY25sLm9yZy9
hY3Rpb24vbXVzbGltLXBldGl0aW9uLTIwMTAuaHRt> signed so far, sign the petition
<http://action.fcnl.org/r/A/MTQyMjMw/ODc3ODI/0/0/aHR0cDovL2FjdGlvbi5mY25sLm9
yZy9wZXRpdGlvbnMvZV9vbmx5L3dlX3N0YW5kX3dpdGhfYW1lcmljYW5fbXVzbGltcy8>
yourself, and
<http://action.fcnl.org/r/A/MTQyMjMx/ODc3ODI/0/0/aHR0cDovL2FjdGlvbi5mY25sLm9
yZy90YWYvd2Vfc3RhbmRfd2l0aF9hbWVyaWNhbl9tdXNsaW1zLw> ask five friends to do
the same.  Continue the conversations on our
<http://action.fcnl.org/r/A/MTQyMjMy/ODc3ODI/0/0/aHR0cDovL2Zjbmwud29yZHByZXN
zLmNvbS8yMDEwLzA5LzAxL2ktYW0tYW4tYW1lcmljYW4tbXVzbGltLXRvby8> blog and in
your community.