[Sayma-Announce] Quaker Inner-City School Endowment Fund

Liz Perch adminasst at sayma.org
Sun Aug 7 22:40:47 EDT 2011

The Quaker Inner-City School Endowment Fund is based on the fact that
having a Friends school in an inner-city environment exerts a strong
influence for good;  that inner-city children, surrounded by drugs,
violence, crime, ethnic/racial tensions, unemployment and despair,
benefit by exposure to the spirit and procedures found in Friends
schools and that these Friends schools provide excellent models for
inner-city education.  Susan Taylor, past clerk of Southeastern Yearly
Meeting, writes:

/ I have recently joined the board because I am very supportive of their
effort to help some inner city Quaker schools establish an endowment so
they can keep going.
/
/
/
/Friends School of Atlanta is one of the schools served by QICSEF, and
at our last board meeting in July (the first I attended) I offered to
see if there might be someone from SAYMA who would be interested in
joining me (SEYM) on the board so that our area would have greater
representation.  It is not necessary to be present in person to attend
quarterly board meetings.  Two of the original founders are still
living, but are no longer on the board. If Friends have questions,
please have them contact me by e-mail or phone (850-219-1223)/
//
/
/
/Also, if there are people or meetings who would like to be on their
mailing list, please let me know./
/
/
/I'm happy to give you more information as needed./
/
/
/Warmly,/
/Susan/

Please contact Susan if you might be interested in learning more about
this opportunity.

--
Liz Perch
SAYMA Administrative Assistant