[Sayma-Announce] proposals for revision of SAYMA's Faith @ Practice Guide

Kathleen Mavournin kmav at icx.net
Mon Feb 21 09:45:37 JEST 2011

The Revision Committee for SAYMA’s Guide to Our Faith and Practice
will present three proposed revisions at Yearly Meeting 2011. These
have been posted as downloadable pdf files on the SAYMA web site,
sayma.org, for Friends to review in advance.

Two of the proposals would affect section IV.B, Areas of Witness:  a
revision of the existing IV.B.2, Education and a new one, IV.B.5,
Harmony with Nature.

The third proposal would add a new section, II.C, Meeting for
Threshing, to Part II, Nurturing the Life of the Spirit.

These proposals are revisions of those sent out for comments in Eighth
Month of 2010 to the constituent meetings of SAYMA. The committee has
reviewed and incorporated minuted suggestions from the many meetings
that responded. We appreciate very much the worshipful care evidenced
in the observations and recommendations. Thank you, Friends.

We are not asking for further responses from meetings before the
beginning of yearly meeting in June. The committee will not meet
during that time. We do ask that clerks and SAYMA representatives
inform their meetings that the texts are available so that Friends may
come prepared to yearly meeting. The proposed revisions will be
presented during business sessions and there will be ample
opportunities then to suggest changes. We encourage attendance and
participation in this ongoing process of worshipful discernment.

Kathleen Mavournin
clerk, F&P Revision Committee