[Sayma-Announce] Peacebuilders Camp registration opens today!

Jonah McDonald jonahpmcd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 14:52:03 JEST 2012

Dear SAYMA Friends,

I emailed you in late December about the 2012 Peacebuilders Camp (of which
I'm co-director). I'm writing now to tell you that registration for our
June 25-30 summer camp opens today and to ask for your help in spreading
the word to families with 10-14 year olds.

Peacebuilders Camp is a small, community-based overnight camp for ages
10-14. Campers will learn about peace and justice activism by visiting with
local peacemakers and living in community. Camp also includes water play,
swimming, hiking, campfires (with s’mores), movie night, and other
activities. In 2012, we are accepting 12 campers for this fun and
educational adventure. If you would like to learn more about Peacebuilders
Camp, the best thing to do is look at the photos and videos from our 2011
camp that we’ve posted on our website: http://www.peacebuilderscamp.org

Please send this information to your friends and any other listservs you
are on. We hope to again attract campers from diverse communities and you
can help us cast a wide net of publicity!

Though we had a very diverse group of kids in 2011, there were no young
Friends. So we specifically want to invite Quaker youth to register for
camp this year. Camp tuition is $650 and scholarship funds are available.
The scholarship application can be completed alongside the registration
form (http://www.peacebuilderscamp.org/registration/). Our goal is to allow
everyone the opportunity to attend Peacebuilders Camp, regardless of
financial situation.

If you'd been meaning to donate to the scholarship fund, we invite you to
do so today. The Atlanta Mennonite Fellowship, a 501(c)3 organization, is
the fiscal sponsor of the Peacebuilders Camp Scholarship Fund, so your
donation is fully tax deductible.

Information on how to donate (plus an option for online donations) is
available on our website:

http://www.peacebuilderscamp.org/donors

Thanks so much for your financial contributions and for helping us spread
the word to prospective campers! I'm very excited about this year's camp!

In Peace,

Jonah McDonald & Marilyn McGinnis

Peacebuilders Camp co-directors

www.peacebuilderscamp.org