[Sayma-Announce] Reminder: Atlanta Friends Meeting seeks a Friend in Residence. Applications due May 15!

Jonah McDonald jonahpmcd at gmail.com
Fri May 11 08:59:44 EDT 2012

*Reminder:  Atlanta Friends Meeting seeks a Friend in Residence.
Applications due May 15!*

With excitement and joy, the Atlanta Friends Meeting is searching for a new
Friend in Residence (Resident). We invite Quaker applicants who feel led to
share their spirits and ministries with our spiritual community. The
Resident must live at our Meetinghouse and be a welcoming presence for
visitors. In keeping with the tradition of a released friend, the Meeting
will support the Resident’s call to religious service, which can either be
their own particular ministry or one of those already supported by the
Meeting.

Examples of AFM programs that the Friend in Residence could engage in
include, but are not limited to:
● Quaker Voluntary Service, a new national program for young adult Friends
being
piloted in Atlanta
● Support of refugee families
● Religious Education and First Day School
● The peace and social justice movement in Atlanta – working with AFSC,
Georgia
Peace & Justice Coalition and Occupy Atlanta
● Work on concerns of race and racism, in particular the connection between
race
and incarceration which calls for prison reform
● Work on environmental concerns with our Green Friends group

For full details, see our website, http://atlanta.quaker.org