[Sayma-Announce] Fwd: [Fwd: RE: AFSC Area Office of the Carolinas Newsletter - August 2013]

Liz Perch adminasst at sayma.org
Mon Aug 19 21:29:12 EDT 2013

------------------------- Original Message -------------------------
Subject: RE: AFSC Area Office of the Carolinas Newsletter - August 2013
From:    "Lori Fernald Khamala" <LKhamala at afsc.org>
Date:    Mon, August 19, 2013 2:40 pm
To:      "Geeta Jyothi McGahey" <mcgahey at yancey.main.nc.us>
Cc:      "Ann Lennon" <ALennon at afsc.org>
          "Latonia Etheridge" <LEtheridge at afsc.org>
Hello Friends of AFSC,
Here is a link to our August 2013 newsletter for the Area Office of
the Carolinas and find out what we’ve been up to!
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_F3ZF5FqXY8V3lMR19QSUJETVU/edit

--Vigils planned for AFSC’s Week of Action on Humane Immigration
Reform (8/19- Charlotte, 8/25- Greensboro)
--Plans to mark the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington
--Reflection on the Elimu Empowerment Summer Camp for immigrant and
refugee students on which AFSC was a lead  co-sponsor
--An intern’s work organizing language, civics, and citizenship
classes for the Montagnard Dega community

To see others of our AFSC recent emails, click here:
http://www.afsc.org/resource/afsc-area-office-carolinas-newsletters

Thanks!
-Lori

Lori Fernald Khamala
American Friends Service Committee, NC Immigrant Rights Program
529-D College Rd. Greensboro, NC 27410
Office: 336-854-0633 Cell: 919-491-0039
LKhamala at afsc.org
www.afsc.org/greensboro