[Sayma-Announce] Peacebuilders Camp - registration now open!

Jonah McDonald jonahpmcd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 17:45:53 JEST 2013

Hi SAYMA Friends!

I've emailed the list before about a camp I run - Peacebuilders Camp at
Koinonia Farm. Many of you have been super supportive, and I really
appreciate it!

This year, we opened registration on December 1st. One of my friends that I
grew up with in the Memphis Friends Meeting has already registered her
daughter for camp. I'd love to have more Quakers participate in camp this
year.

Do you know a young person (ages 11-14) in your Meeting who might want to
participate in 2014? Would you forward info about Peacebuilders Camp to
people who might be interested? Below, I'll include a paragraph that gives
some basic information about camp and can be used to help spread the word.
And there's plenty of info and photos on the camp website:
www.peacebuilderscamp.org

Thanks for helping spread the word!

Jonah McDonald
Atlanta Friends Meeting

Registration is now open for Peacebuilders Camp at Koinonia Farm! Do you
know kids who want to make their world a better place? Help us spread the
word about this exciting summer experience! Peacebuilders Camp at Koinonia
Farm (pronounced “coin-o-nee-a”) is a unique overnight summer camp in rural
south Georgia where youth ages 11 to 14 spend a week together learning how
to work toward peace and justice. Campers enjoy farm life, play games and
sports, go on field trips, learn about human rights, make new friends, and
explore the stories of peacemakers past and present. This year’s camp
sessions are July 14-19 (ages 11-12) and July 21-26 (ages 13-14). Tuition
is on a sliding scale and registration forms can be found at
peacebuilderscamp.org. Though registration doesn’t close until April 1, the
holidays are a great time to give the gift of camp to a young person you
know! For more information, contact Jonah McDonald:
jonah at peacebuilderscamp.org or 404-373-8036.