[Sayma-Announce] FWCC amazing connection Opportunities

Geeta Jyothi McGahey mcgahey at yancey.main.nc.us
Fri Sep 27 09:37:26 EDT 2013

1."Save the dates! Friends World Committee consultations coming to
four corners of the Quaker world in the Americas

The 2014 dates and locations for four Section consultations are now
confirmed:

February 21-23 in San Ignacio, El Salvador
March 14-16 in Sacramento, California, USA
March 28-30 in La Paz, Bolivia
April 11-13 in High Point, North Carolina, USA

Part of the local arrangements committee for El Salvador visiting
sites with Robin Mohr in May
In a departure from the tradition of holding an annual meeting in
March, the Section of the Americas will offer four open
consultations between February and April 2014 to examine together
some mutually shared issues as well as topics of interest to each
region. Continuing with the theme "Let the Living Water Flow!
Friends serving God's purposes", all four conferences will offer
workshops for Friends to develop our intercultural communication
skills for intra-Quaker dialogue and our everyday lives, and for
supporting Quaker leadership in the 21st century.

Other workshops, specific to different locations, will include
topics such as Quaker history and identity, conflict resolution, the
environment and service project opportunities. All four
consultations are weekend-long, residential conferences that will
include worship, plenary addresses and small group discussion in
addition to the workshops. Each consultation will also aim for
intervisitation by Friends from outside the general area or country.
A study book will be ready by the end of 2013. All Friends are
invited to participate. Online registration will open later this
year.

 Keep checking our website for details http://fwccamericas.org

2.  2014 Quaker Youth Pilgrimage to Bolivia & Peru
Cradles of Andean Quakerism

July 22 -August 21, 2014
The Quaker Youth Pilgrimage Program Committee is deep in the
planning of a 2014 experience to be hosted by Andean Friends in Peru
and Bolivia. We are working carefully and prayerfully to construct
the first QYP experience to be held entirely in evangelical yearly
meetings as well as the first Quaker Youth Pilgrimage in South
America.

Application forms now available for pilgrim and leader applicants
Click here for pilgrim application. [177kb pdf] Apply by December 1,
2013
Click here for leader application. [163 kb pdf] Apply by November
15, 2013.

3.  Spanish speakers encouraged to participate.
In the Light,
Geeta

Geeta and Tim,

I was unsure if I could make this meeting.  My workplace has a major
event
in a few days and as it turns out, I'll need to do extra work to be
prepared.  That issue combined with the fact that everyone from the
Asheville area was unable to make the trip, so there's no carpool.
Anyway,
do either of you have info for an FWCC report? Does anything need to be
presented?  The only thing I'd want to know is if we have anyone
planned to
go on the youth pilgrimage to S. America.

We could announce the upcoming Section Consultation, April 11-13 in
High
Point, North Carolina, and the growing need for interpreters and
translators.

Michael

Michael Galovic

828-989-5571