[Sayma-Announce] Call for Workshop Proposals for SAYMA

Liz Dykes saymaoffice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 10:44:23 EST 2016

Dear Friends,

It is the time of year to discern if you are feeling led to offer a
workshop this summer at our yearly gathering at Warren Wilson College.
The workshop dates will be Friday, June the 10^th , or Saturday the
11^th . The times are from 1:15-3:00 pm or whatever portion of that you
feel you may need. If you need more time you can hold a two part
workshop, one section on each day.

Please circulate this request throughout your Meeting in a timely
fashion, as the deadlinefor receiving the proposals is February 15^th .
Our theme for this year is “Unraveling Racism”. We would like the
majority of the workshops to speak to this theme, but would like to
offer a few other choices also.

To help in your discernment here are some of the queries that we will be
using for worship sharing:

Where am I in the story of inequality and privilege?

What are the barriers in me that block my ability to love those that are
different from me?

How will I use my Quaker values to unravel racism?

What will unraveled racism look like?

If possible, please use our form at googledocs:
http://tinyurl.com/SAYMAWorkshop16

You may also request a paper form from the SAYMA office.

Please let me hear from you by February 15^th at the latest.

Annie Black
128 Hidden Springs Lane
Cookeville, TN 38501

rablolly at fastmail.fm