[Sayma-Discuss] Cindy Sheehan's letter of conscience

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Wed May 30 09:04:35 EDT 2007

Hi,

This letter from Cindy Sheehan is not easy to read, yet it is worth
reading more than once.    She speaks the truth, I belive, in that
all are complicate in the continuing war We all must know that what
we are doing in Iraq is not only wrong, but goes against America's
self proclaimed values and even self interest.    Yet where are the
millions of people in the street, demanding an immediate end to the
war in Iraq?

I see Cindy as a person who, after the death of her beloved son,
Casey, did NOT pretend that he died for her safety or
benefit.   Being willing to face what is really happening in the war
in Iraq and put everything on the line to get our actions to change,
makes her a hero in my book.;   I can't wait for the book that she
must eventually write about her journey.   It should tell us much
about our country.

As she says at the end of her letter:   "I't up to you, now".

Thank you, Cindy, for telling us the awful truth that we have "met
the enemy and it is us".