[Sayma-Discuss] FWD: NYTimes.com - Surge Seen in Number of Homeless Veterans

Mike Shell bright_crow at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 8 11:51:20 EST 2007

Friends,

I have long been troubled yet felt ineffective about helping the homeless people I see every day.

Now the New York Times reports that more veterans from the Middle East wars are homeless.

This is an issue which I believe Friends should speak out and act upon very publicly.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Michael

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/08/us/08vets.html
NEW YORK TIMES
NATIONAL   | November 8, 2007
Surge Seen in Number of Homeless Veterans
By ERIK ECKHOLM
More than 400 veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan have turned up homeless, and that number is expected to grow.