[Sayma-Discuss] Liberation Theology is not just 'Black'

Fiddlinshim at cs.com Fiddlinshim at cs.com
Tue Apr 1 15:07:26 EDT 2008

 freepolazzo at comcast.net writes:

> >So, while I agree with  your article and the message that the USA is not
> living up >to its own ideals, I am not so sure Rev. Wright should have used
> the Jewish >scriptures to make his point

Free, my comcerm was not so much with his theology, as distinct from the
understanding of Friends. It was with his rhetoric, which has been misunderstood
(wilfully, I suspect) to be calling for the damnation of this nation. I was
trying to clarify just what he was saying. I think that Rev. Wright believes that
the Hebrew Bible is scripturally valid, and thus it forms a foundation for
his preaching. It doesn't matter, in looking to understand what Rev. Wright was
or wasn't saying, what you or I  or George Foxe might think about the validity
of the Hebrew Scriptures.

My best wishes,

Joel (not John)   </HTML>