[Sayma-Discuss] back tracking

Quakerkristi at aol.com Quakerkristi at aol.com
Wed Apr 9 08:33:42 EDT 2008

Let me try this again.

My basketball game reflections were more my thoughts about the difficulties
of a wide, diverse community - that liberal Quakerism forms.

Our strength is that  special diversity, those open arms that takes in  so
many spiritual refugees and gives them a vital deep way to be together with  God.

Our weakness is that it limits us and it is very difficult to expose  deepest
 joys and fears to each other.

I was really, really not trying to infer that Memphis Friends Meeting  is
unfriendly or negligent in this way. It was a much broader  reflection and the
tone must have come across very differently than my  feelings on this.

I used the name of Memphis Friends only because it was a Memphis-Kansas  game
and it illustrated to me our challenge as a religious society

I am sorry if I offended folks and I hope you can forgive that.

to SAYMA Friends  -  Sorry to drag you into my blunder..

Kristi