[Sayma-Discuss] (no subject)

Quakerkristi at aol.com Quakerkristi at aol.com
Sun Aug 24 22:21:03 EDT 2008

I hope some of you will take advantage of a National summit against  torture
that is in our region co-sponsered by National Religious Coalition  Against
Torture, Evangelicals Against Torture and Mercer University and  others..

It is in Atlanta, at Mercer, Sept 11-12.

It's called the National Summit on Torture:  Faith, Torture, and Our
National Soul.

I am encouraged by the Evangelical connection here, because it demonstrates
that the issue is the concern of mainstream folks who want to challenge this
evil.  Two of us are going from Memphis.  It is an issue that is  sometimes
hard to have hope about...but I think that much of our role is to  continue to
shine the light on what is happening....to expose what is happening,  to
educate ourselves and not let this continue unopposed.

More info at:  _www.nrcat.org_ (http://www.nrcat.org/)

Let me know if you're going.  I'll look for you.

Kristi Estes

 It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal _here_
(http://information.travel.aol.com/deals?ncid=aoltrv00050000000047) .

deal here.