[Sayma-Discuss] FGC news

Quakerkristi at aol.com Quakerkristi at aol.com
Fri Feb 1 11:52:27 EST 2008

(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFucwNZWJJ-NNsNllHJZdN3nSgJS6Q4Mmv2NhLDdlXIKqi0y1w6VpXiW85EYQAcc-M1SuA_uy6Q6gLUOxSESC2xQDJ_jiUQ9Ko0A5SBPtlB8Qw=
=)     __________________________________________________________________
Good News Bulletin

Winter 2008
In this issue  _Corporate Discernment Materials on the  web_
(mip://033db2f0/default.html#LETTER.BLOCK5)   _Giving surge earns $50,000 challenge for  FGC_
(mip://033db2f0/default.html#LETTER.BLOCK6)   _QuakerBooks hits record
numbers_ (mip://033db2f0/default.html#LETTER.BLOCK7)   _Young Adult Friends to gather
for Memorial Day weekend 2008  _ (mip://033db2f0/default.html#LETTER.BLOCK11)
  _Last call for upcoming "Safe Spaces" workshop for Quaker  Youth planners_
(mip://033db2f0/default.html#LETTER.BLOCK10)   _Help us improve our emailing
lists!_ (mip://033db2f0/default.html#LETTER.BLOCK12)     Dear Kristi,

Hello and Happy New Year from  Friends General Conference!  We hope everyone
enjoyed the  holiday season and send warm wishes to you in these cold winter
months.  So much has been happening at FGC and we are excited  to share with
you a few key items in this issue of the Good News  Bulletin.  Read on and
enjoy!

-Carrie

Carrie  Glasby
Development Manager
carrieg at fgcquaker.org

Corporate Discernment Materials on the  web

We are delighted to report that materials concerning  Corporate Discernment
have been posted under the Quaker Library  section of the FGC website.  (FGC
mailed these materials to  monthly meetings this fall. They were so
well-received that we  wanted to share them with everyone!)  Also, we'd still love to
hear from meetings who wish to reflect on the queries and send  responses to FGC.

_View the Corporate Discernment  materials_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFu3B1WCM1-f_pATguCr1U0HimJdP1nCYMvgxt03o01fw_g4UWg5LHrES8P484QVF1PYT61myxUD
xTk-YNu5c--4VEstYWE2eMuxEwPQQ_jJLepA242KRt0Fna2QI3jTe04=)

Giving surge earns $50,000 challenge for  FGC

Thanks to a surge in year-end donations, FGC earned a  $50,000 challenge
offered by a group of Quaker families.  FGC  received more than 300 contributions
from Friends who increased,  renewed and gave for the first time! We are
thrilled to have met  this challenge and remain deeply grateful for all of your
support.  FGC's  programs and services would not be possible without the work and
 confidence of our supporters!  Thank you!

_See more info on giving to  FGC_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFutvYNt91TK4sgiHJsO7pHfqPR0mY_V-XSKl2TF_S9TqJQte5dwag5Vh37dr9ZBXJXbVNIVUJV9c2wFkT19LL
t8S_w729IrPuSW_FL4C7NFyGpwUIaxkpUg)

QuakerBooks hits record numbers

QuakerBooks of FGC filled a record number of orders  during the second week
of December.  The rush was inspired by  the latest 'Book Musings' from Lucy and
an offer of free priority  shipping.  Thanks to all those who responded so
favorably to  the offer and for your ongoing support of QuakerBooks!  To see
the most recent additions to the bookstore's offering, check out the  _'New'
category_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFtx2IzsE2iQ2HA__xh_Ks-MHu81Oj2MItCvNUxGqX6vtKqHJsykxXArD5gTh7lnyLYfWPm-B5PHukxj_pvU4sz-5gvJils1ddpxmtET7nvfs4ZeTG
xyfUs5) .  To see  what sells best to Friends, see the recently added
_'Bestsellers' category_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFtWarjHBtGnuAWsL42kxpeG1F8uYnR2WTwX9ZCWao1JwxdcNIuSmBRSLTait_WjLbJ-pAWiMEGxp1hgdnpW2THdx2Apw0D6ZwT-iF1
d478aV-23v2c9wuDg) .

_Visit QuakerBooks of  FGC_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFvW_S04jVixjO50GSN8Yrsh2sS1yG-k-x3JnoT8x_WjohcQLv7rfko8XjllSE63a0zFzmUqj81g--HN4rMVkgY4jDjj
EijctVWvB9cNimQHzw==)

Young Adult Friends to gather for Memorial Day weekend  2008

Please help us spread the word about a wonderful conference  for Young Adult
Friends, "Living as Friends, Listening Within" to be  held Memorial day
weekend, May 23-26, 2008 in Richmond,  Indiana.  The conference will offer workshops
on leadings and  callings and provide YAF's a chance to share in worship and
play.  Young adults from meetings and churches affiliated with FGC, Friends
United Meeting (FUM), Evangelical Friends International (EFI), and  Independent
and Conservative yearly meetings are planning this  exciting event!

_Read more and download the  flyer_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFuaATH7KNGezoGqvIGsGUdlqWR9O7t1I7lQ8L3RMksaOR8xeMbBMYwFA5HKgZEZdcg-inG7Ft05O8b0DY11
ne-5Ej7WsKDXObBTZT5j7dW5795DfiGadbYn9o3ufiGYiUvMinuf__yaHw==)

Last call for upcoming "Safe Spaces" workshop for Quaker  Youth planners

FGC's Youth Ministries and Religious Education  Committees are co-sponsoring
a workshop with Pendle Hill on safety  issues for overnight events for middle
and high school-aged  Friends.  The workshop, "Building and  Holding Safe
Spaces  for Quaker Youth", will be held at Pendle Hill from February 8-10,  2008.
Friends will have opportunities to look at what yearly  meetings have put
together around issues of safety for youth and  seek common ground on issues
relating to guidelines and program  expectations.

_Read more about "Safe Spaces"  workshop for Quaker Youth  planners_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFsLIZhbmfxsxdXYVlWO1bMdMT7DngwUg7APDZvQ0qCw_WI_BsE
5XtuKyyEMB8nXHEBWmeWQCtnpqIGXkkeQ6H4LGdRtlk-fdqteL7J51kAXgt0U1wWglgkcHuYSYfNGL
02R5bmTfXQMe6-hPyhB1ZdSOBW_jSFBqKY=)

Special Request!! We are rebuilding our FGC Meeting Contact  email list to
work with our new e-newsletter program.  If you  want to receive emails about
FGC's four quarterly resource mailings  (including electronic versions of the
paper materials sent to your  Meeting), click on the "Update Profile/Email
Address" link at the  bottom of this email.  On the screen that follows, add
yourself  to the "FGC Monthly Meeting  Resources" list.

If you  aren't already a Meeting Contact and want more information on
sharing FGC resources with your meeting, please also email Annie  Ruckdeschel
(_anner at fgcquaker.org_ (mailto:anner at fgcquaker.org) ), re: FGC Meeting  Contact
Program.  Thank you!!!

The  FGC Good News Bulletin is an occasional e-newsletter sent to FGC
program participants, customers, committee members, volunteers, and  financial
supporters.  Our goal is to share brief important  news in the life of Friends
General Conference.  We usually  send these between six to eight times per year.

Quick Links...

_Our Website_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFucwNZWJJ-NNsNllHJZdN3nSgJS6Q4Mmv2NhLDdlXIKqi0y1w6VpXiW85EYQAcc-M1SuA_uy6Q6gLUOxSESC2xQDJ_jiUQ9Ko0A5SBPtl
B8Qw==)
_About Friends General  Conference_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFvKxX90qFRnwmwE2rCCFmhidsoyItFNqA4g6xfQHo1_hSrbskDB3BCO3ESG7uurBWpojku5O15JlFSgOj1B
zdj7CGYCTLvwYhFZxSzaVaPbCsPh5JxhXo3RZy85hrVA_mwrW8-b1upFjTNrTEY5zuOB)
_Programs & Services_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFvnNTz4T51EpTSRSm4PhSn35v-hWKWNMXodgR96PFMcIrD1c79NRFYcFp3Lkkc_cWrmbn04KjwB2byhug4ek9Y4r1oilQhxcU
rMYQ2sjxZizOed6LEdZ2sO61RdYR6U2Gg=)
_QuakerBooks_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFsDFvJtQ3_7YhqtfSF4dSmFaUU3Us0ogPIS9phxX8_V7UN3rNVaLxeJAcviFosbgIHrcKt7Bp_D0qEYgcSBevJFkk7ryaUEzAQ_4ocqyC
7daA==)
_QuakerYouth_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFvEdPTK6RVOzS0KU4LBThtzyArv2PR-4pjHStgc4x8EZMxm9pn7efIKTFLqg9OPh5VOhaT4VsQpjKN709lSFPLtVRS5wGdAHaVHCH8o3p
tkFg==)
_QuakerFinder_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFvXTRceSGzx75vdC_cFJCDHDQyIBln_4rRHvb-MPu8f0RiFkGhhVDYk1NLQR6T1aB8F3jtVWZLv56TrlIh21WHhynV0seW979gTK5s8l
JWsHg==)

Contact Information

Friends General Conference
1216 Arch St,  #2B
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Tel: (215)  561-1700
Fax: (215) 561-0759
friends at fgcquaker.org

_Send Us Your Feedback_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001OOYsX7HpOFvu2VMbtuc0x3SQTp5r2UN9zmMV3ftmCLzhBzuBEFPXapa01X0n0RDr2XE9A9cAw5hj3CIyqqdZcmIY1JGHGSe7cG6n50fr
p8BlafjT6nExBuF8jAZ9P04d)

_Forward email_
(http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101653092932&ea=quakerkristi@aol.com&a=1101943325071)

(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001ytzJgXCdPi7jY0Jxb2rHpNHmXgsjXG-JhHO8XUDzvknw_gT4Q8b7Th4P_NMX7nb5&p=un)
This email was sent to quakerkristi at aol.com, by _carrieg at fgcquaker.org_
(mailto:carrieg at fgcquaker.org)
_Update Profile/Email Address_
(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001ytzJgXCdPi7jY0Jxb2rHpNHmXgsjXG-JhHO8XUDzvknw_gT4Q8b7Th4P_NMX7nb5&p=oo)  |
Instant  removal with _SafeUnsubscribe_
(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001ytzJgXCdPi7jY0Jxb2rHpNHmXgsjXG-JhHO8XUDzvknw_gT4Q8b7Th4P_NMX7nb5&p=un) ™
| _Privacy Policy_ (http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp)
.
_Email Marketing_ (http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=news01)  by
 (http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=news01)
Friends General Conference | 1216  Arch St., Suite 2B | Philadelphia | PA |
19107

48)