[Sayma-Discuss] radio show

Quakerkristi at aol.com Quakerkristi at aol.com
Wed Feb 27 15:00:58 EST 2008

On Monday I accompanied Peterson Toscano to a "Christian" radio station in
Germantown.  He did a 2 hour live broadcast with the assoc. pastor of  Central
Church (Memphis).  As his "traveling companion in ministry" I sat  in the car
for the 2 hours listening and holding him in prayer.

He held his own very well, was very articulate, despite seeming quite
outnumbered.
The first 15 minutes the host tried to corner him with scripture, and
couldn't so he backed off.  After that the conversation was much more  "balanced"
but still hostile.

You can hear the broadcast archived on _www.soundwaves2000.com/unwo_
(http://www.soundwaves2000.com/unwo)
Its the Feb 25 broadcast.  I just had to click on "save" and it  started
playing.

Disturbing though - I listened to the first 11 minutes of the next day's
broadcast...and they are bashing Peterson and people like me in a very, very
nasty way.  I don't think I can listen to any more of it without  getting sick.
It seems they couldn't do that with him there so they  devoted the next
broadcast to vilely discrediting him.

After Monday's show I was hopeful that maybe it might make a difference to
someone in a redemptive way.  Now I feel like I got too close to something
evil and destructive.  Anyway, I salute Peterson for his courage and hope  the
Spirit can use his testimony despite the spirit of hatred that was  raised.
Sometimes it is hard to stay Christian.  (I think Jesus would  say the same thing)

Kristi

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)