[Sayma-Discuss] Post SAYMA ECN Wrap up

Roy H Taylor III wrldpeas at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 16 22:27:49 EDT 2008

Please open to full screen for proper formatting

         Ecological Concerns Network

            Post-SAYMA

            2008

            In this issue:

                  Changing Current Events

                        One Task

                  If for any reason you would like to have your name removed from the

                  Ecological Concerns Network

                  email list, please  email

                  wrldpeas at mindspring.com

                  with the word "remove from ECN" in the subject line.

     Changing Current Events

            Our meetings went very well.  Thank you.
            It would seem that our work is not over yet.

            The resounding suggestion is that we move from the current mission of raising up awareness to one of more advocacy and action.  So, what does that mean to you?

            Not only the big action items like getting involved with national campaigns this year,
            but little, bite size action bits that people can intigrate into everyday action.

            One Task
            Do you know the names of your County Commisioners or City Council members?  How about your Reps at the State Legislature?  Do they know your name?  Do they know that you care about the environment?
            All political action work begins here.
            So, we're taking names.
            Find the names of your local & state government officials, email addresses and telephone numbers.
            Send them to us

            How can ECN help you with the work you are doing at your Meeting or in your Community?
            Let us know.

             Peace & Love

            Roy