[Sayma-Discuss] Oppose the McCain-Lieberman nuclear power grab

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Tue May 27 18:46:11 EDT 2008

Dear Friend,

Landmark global warming legislation is in danger of being hijacked by
Senator John McCain.

Senator McCain has made it known that he would support the
"Lieberman-Warner Climate Security Act" if
<http://gristmill.grist.org/story/2008/5/10/83157/2597>specific
nuclear subsidies were added.

Now his friend and supporter Sen. Joe Lieberman has done just that --
floated an
<http://gristmill.grist.org/images/user/6337/LWnuclearamend.pdf>amendment
to the global warming bill that would take funds away from clean
energy sources like wind and solar and earmark them for the nuclear
power industry.

Tell your senator that enough is enough. We can't let global warming
legislation be hijacked by Sen. John McCain and turned into a vehicle
for subsidizing the nuclear power industry.

I hope you'll have a look by following the link below, and if you
feel like I do, then take action.

<http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/global_warming/?r_by=-464515-dzdo8t&rc=paste>http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/global_warming/?r_by=-464515-dzdo8t&rc=paste

Thanks!

Free Polazzo