No subject

Fri Sep 5 16:46:33 EDT 2008

out=20
the university, so I share this news not in any way to condemn the=20
institution, the faculty, or the students.</P>
<P>Early Tuesday morning (September 23), an effigy in the likeness of Senato=
r=20
Barack Obama was found hanging from a tree in front of one of the school=20
buildings.&nbsp; Truly disturbing.</P>
<P>While we ought to genuinely celebrate the historic elements of this=20
presidential election year&nbsp;which includes Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama=
,=20
and Sarah Palin, this horrible news is another reminder that we have a long=20=
way=20
to go. Is it simply because they are not like<EM>=E2=80=9Cme=E2=80=9D</EM> a=
nd thus, they must=20
be different =E2=80=A6 and thus, the other&nbsp;=E2=80=93 <A=20
title=3Dhttp://eugenecho.wordpress.com/2008/09/20/are-we-otherizing-obama-pa=
lin/=20
href=3D"http://eugenecho.wordpress.com/2008/09/20/are-we-otherizing-obama-pa=
lin/"=20
target=3D_blank>leading to the =E2=80=9Cotherizing=E2=80=9D</A>, in this cas=
e, of Obama?</P>
<P>Rural or urban, Christian or&nbsp;secular, male or female, young or old,=20
Republican or Democrat&nbsp;=E2=80=A6 we still have a long way to go.&nbsp;=20=
We have work=20
ahead.</P>
<P>I have nothing insightful to write.&nbsp; I&nbsp;simply want&nbsp;to impl=
ore=20
you to be reminded and revitalized by the&nbsp;one who reconciles us and inv=
ites=20
us to the work of reconciliation:</P>

<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <P>So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we=
=20
  once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone=
 is=20
  in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!&n=
bsp;=20
  All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave=
 us=20
  the ministry of reconciliation;&nbsp;that God was reconciling the world to=
=20
  himself in Christ, not counting people=E2=80=99s sins against them. And he=
 has=20
  committed to us the message of reconciliation.&nbsp; We are therefore Chri=
st=E2=80=99s=20
  ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore y=
ou=20
  on Christ=E2=80=99s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no=20=
sin to be=20
  sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.&nbsp;=
 (2=20
  Corinthians 5:16-21)</P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>Here=E2=80=99s the article from <A=20
title=3Dhttp://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/09/racial_incident_rat=
tles_george.html=20
href=3D"http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/09/racial_incident_rat=
tles_george.html"=20
target=3D_blank>Oregon Live</A>:</P>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <P>A likeness of U.S. Sen. Barack Obama was found hanging in the <A=20
  title=3Dhttp://www.georgefox.edu/index.html=20
  href=3D"http://www.georgefox.edu/index.html">George Fox University </A>qua=
d=20
  early Tuesday along with graffiti aimed at minority recipients of a=20
  scholarship program, the university president told The Oregonian this=20
  morning.</P>
  <P>President Robin Baker discussed the incident this morning during the=20
  twice-weekly campus service, which was packed. With dozens of Act 6 studen=
ts=20
  and student leaders in front of the stage, he denounced the display and ur=
ged=20
  students to show that such a display has no place in Christian ideals.</P>
  <P>=E2=80=9CWe absolutely cannot hate those around us and say we love God,=
=E2=80=9D he said.=20
  =E2=80=9CIt is not possible.=E2=80=9D</P>
  <P>=E2=80=9CYesterday was not a good example of what it means to follow Je=
sus,=E2=80=9D he=20
  said.</P>
  <P>Quoting the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Abraham Lincoln, the=20
  president said the university has long had difficulties recruiting nonwhit=
e=20
  students and his dream has been to help create a university that =E2=80=
=9Cmore broadly=20
  represents the kingdom of=20
God.=E2=80=9D</P></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV></DIV></FONT><BR><BR><BR><DIV><FON=
T style=3D"color: black; font: normal 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;"><HR style=3D"M=
ARGIN-TOP: 10px">Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial ch=
allenges? <A title=3D"http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1209382257x120=
0540686/aol?redir=3Dhttp://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=3Demlcntuswall00000001" h=
ref=3D"http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1209382257x1200540686/aol?red=
ir=3Dhttp://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=3Demlcntuswall00000001" target=3D"_blank=
">Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculat=
ors</A>.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>