[Sayma-Discuss] lol and I had such a good time looking for this! was re: ouch

Madelyn Powell mcpowell3 at msn.com
Mon Sep 29 18:40:25 EDT 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvcX5RMBwbk

love,
Maddy Clare

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:48:53 -0400From: susan at read-the-bible.orgTo: c.vmbra at verizon.netCC: sayma-discuss at kitenet.netSubject: Re: [Sayma-Discuss] ouch
That would be a line from the Leonard Cohen song "Anthem" -- I often hum it, myself.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvcX5RMBwbkAnother Leonard Cohen tune I like, apropos in these troubled times:  "Hallelujah"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf36v0epfmISusan JeffersSAYMA lurker, member of Ann Arbor Friends Meeting, Lake Erie Yearly Meetinglongtime Leonard Cohen fanCharles Schade wrote:

Remember, there was a serious and ugly incident at Guilford a year or two ago.  We should not judge an institution by the actions of a minority, but by how the institution collectively responds to the problem.  Guilford rose to the occasion, and the report suggests George Fox may do the same.  We should hold the faculty and students at George Fox in the Light.

Some years back there was a poem in Friends Journal that seems appropriate to this situation.  I am not sure I can quote it correctly, but it read something like this:

Forget you perfect offering
Ring the bells that still can ring
There's a crack, a crack in everything.
It's how the Light gets in.

(if anybody has a copy of the original, I would love to see it)

cps