[Sayma-Discuss] [qewdiscussions] Britain YM takes a stand - "A Quaker response to the crisis of climate change" [1 Attachment]

Roy H Taylor III wrldpeas at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 24 08:14:25 EDT 2009

Dear Friends,

Friend Free has reminded me of our process and I am grateful for that.  It is one of the things that sets us apart and we benefit from it.  So, to bring my suggestion into correct process for SAYMA I am making the following request:

To members and attendees of each Monthly Meeting and the Worship Groups that are under your care;

As one of your representatives to Quaker Earthcare Witness and co-clerk of Ecological Concerns Network I am making the request that you bring the issue of Quaker response to climate change and the occasion of the Copenhagen Summit to your next Monthly Meeting for Worship with attention to Business.  Please consider what is your Meeting's response to the crisis of climate change.  You can use the document released by Britain YM as an example of how one organization has responded.  I am hoping that after careful discernment that you will be able to issue your own response or confirm and endorse the document released by Britain YM.

As a whole Yearly Meeting we will not be able to respond in a timely manner to this event in December but each of us can be a part of this by our work locally.

Peace & Love,
Roy