[Sayma-Discuss] [Sayma-Announce] "Emergency" emails requesting funds

JERE LICCIARDELLO licciardelloj at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 7 23:45:57 EDT 2010

I heard about HeideMarie

________________________________
From: Liz Perch <adminasst at sayma.org>
To: SAyma-announce at kitenet.net
Sent: Mon, June 7, 2010 3:34:06 PM
Subject: [Sayma-Announce] "Emergency" emails requesting funds

Dear Friends,

In the past week, at least two SAYMA Friends have had their email addresses hacked; the result has been emails sent to everyone in their address books, saying the sender is stranded in London with no money, credit cards, passport or cell phone.

These emails are “phishes,” designed to convince someone to wire money to the alleged victim.  The come from the email address that the person uses, not a made up one, so it offers some plausibility.  This phish has been around for some time.  Do not panic—SAYMA members are not flocking to London and being robbed.  And you probably don’t need to email me—I think I’ve gotten all of them already.

In the meantime, especially if you use Yahoo mail, consider changing your password as a precaution.

Liz Perch
SAYMA Administrative Assistant
adminasst at sayma. org

865 272-9621 (Google Voice)