[Sayma-Discuss] Where is your money invested, Friend?

Steve Livingston nc_stereoman at charter.net
Thu Jun 24 16:19:24 EDT 2010

It's easy to feel powerless to change the world when there are so many
things falling apart around us. Fortunately, we Quakers are called not
to change the world, but to live our lives as if the world were already
changed. In such a world, where would your money be invested? Would it
be in petroleum? In drugs? In heartless corporations?

A sojourning Friend from Asheville Meeting notes that some Friends'
organizations may not have this part of our Quaker testimony down pat.
Is our own Yearly Meeting among those? How about our Monthly Meetings?
Are our investments in accord with the world we seek to live in?

Our sojourning Friend writes from the poorest country in the Western
Hemisphere:

http://elizabetheames.blogspot.com/2010/06/growing-concern.html

What canst thou say, Friend?

In the Light,