[Sayma-Discuss] FW: invitation for delegation to israel/palestine November 2010

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 14:16:30 EDT 2010

Dear Friends,

Some of you may remember Ilise Cohen who was formerly a long time Director
of AFSC - SERO's Middle East Peace Education Program.    She is now back in
Atlanta and still working for peace with justice for Isrealis and
Palestinians in the Middle East.

She is co-leading a delegation to the Middle East to meet with Israeli and
Palestinian nonviolent activists.     I recommend her trip to any of you
wanting to help to bring peace to that area of the world by bringing back
firsthand experience of how both parties want to live together in peace.
This will help you to speak with Americans who have little contact with
those groups and help to bring peace to that region.

Blessings,

Free Polazzo

(Formerly member of the AFSC SERO Middle East Committee while Ilise was on
staff).

Dear Friends and Family,

Many of you know that in November I will be co-leading an Olive Harvest
delegation to Israel/Palestine with Interfaith Peace-Builders, the
organization of which i proudly serve as chair and member of the board. We
take delegations of mostly North Americans to meet with Israeli and
Palestinian nonviolent activists. The delegation gives people an opportunity
to connect with the courageous peace and justice workers in the region, to
see first hand what is happening there, and to bring back the stories to our
communities in the US and to congressional leaders to advocate for a more
just Middle East policy.

We still have a short period of time for interested delegates to sign up. I
wanted to make sure you had the chance to consider coming on this
delegation. The Olive Harvest delegation in particular has a focus on the
economic impacts of the conflict and ways that we can be supportive of just
endeavors to support a sustainable peace.

Please take a look at the delegation information and send along the
invitation to participate in the delegation to people who you might think
are interested. I would love to have you join me.

the delegation: http://ifpb.org/del35/default.html
the application: http://www.ifpb.org/delegations/applications.html

i hope that all of you are doing well.
In gratitude,
ilise

chair, Interfaith Peace-Builders
--
never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.