[Sayma-Discuss] FW: Emailing: VICTORY! Florida Anti-ImmigrantBills Are Dead Change.org News

Charles P. Schade c.vmbra at frontier.com
Fri Jun 17 08:46:42 EDT 2011

This is not the first time state legislatures have passed horrible laws under pressure from angry constituents, and it surely won't be the last.  "Victory" in Florida will not reduce the number of angry people nor end hostility to immigrants, any more than the defeat of progressive candidates in the 2006 elections reduced the number of peacemakers.  What are the root causes of anti-immigrant anger, and how can Friends speak to the situation?

cps