[Sayma-Discuss] FW: Emailing: VICTORY! Florida Anti-ImmigrantBills Are Dead Change.org News

Roy Taylor wrldpeas at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 17 10:21:44 EDT 2011

Like so many problems this is a spiritual one.

Many religious traditions have some form of the golden rule.  Jesus spoke to a greatest commandment and the next one is to love your neighbor as one's self.

These are our neighbors.  They come to us seeking a better life.  For those of us who try to live within a spiritual tradition, living our testimonies, how we act follows that of equality, integrity and community.

WE can encourage our fellow citizens, many of whom profess a religious connection, to act with their hearts and not with their minds and perceived pocketbooks (the source of their fear).

Roy