[Sayma-Discuss] FB Post by Chuck Fager comment on Osama's death

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Tue May 3 17:05:34 EDT 2011

Chuck Fager's comment to the press on the death of Osama Bin Laden that was posted on Facebook (FB) .   Free

Chuck wrote:
<<  First of all, I recall a Bible verse from Ezekiel 33: "I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked," says the Lord.

      Second, I'm remembering the victims and families of 9-11: I hope this helps them find some comfort and closure. I'm also mindful that in the long search for OBL, US attacks have killed thousands of innocent civilians in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Their names are not in the media today, but they should be.

      Third, in Iraq when Saddam Hussein was executed, that didn't end bloodshed there. Likewise, I doubt that OBL's death will end violence in Pakistan or Afghanistan.

      Personally, I still believe the best way to reduce violence in that region and lower the danger to the U.S. is to get our troops out of harm’s way there. Now that OBL is gone, can we focus on ways to interact peacefully with the battered peoples in that war-torn part of the world?

      That, and not more war or torture, will make the U.S. and the world safer. >>"