[Sayma-Discuss] SAYMA and Earth Quaker Action Team

Walter Hjelt Sullivan hjeltsullivan at verizon.net
Tue Mar 27 15:16:49 JEST 2012

Friends in SAYMA:

Walter Hjelt Sullivan from Earth Quaker Action Team here.  I hope you
may have heard about some of our activities.  EQAT is a direct action
climate change and climate justice group unaffiliated with any
particular Yearly Meeting, but located in Philadelphia.

Earth Quaker Action Team is about to take on a major activity -- walking
from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh to publicize our Green Your Money
initiative to get PNC Bank out of the business of financing mountaintop
removal coal mining.

I am wanting to contact Yearly Meetings in the PNC footprint to spread
information about our campaign, to encourage Friends to follow the
events of the Green Walk for Jobs and Justice, and to consider signing
our pledge to either withdraw their funds from PNC or to encourage
others to do so.

There are numerous PNC Banks throughout the Carolinas and Georgia now
that PNC Bank has purchased RBC.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/02/24/3041498/rbc-bank-becomes-pnc-next-week.html

I am interested in getting information about our activities more
generally to members of the Yearly Meeing and am hoping you would be
willing to help me figure out the best avenues to follow to effectively
do this.

Your efforts to post on your own websites, to forward to local
environmental justice groups, to follow us on twitter (@eqat) and
retweet are all greatly appreciated.  If you want to form a local
chapter and bring actions directly to new PNC banks in your area, do let
me know about that.

I include some basic info, text and links below.
Yours in faith and friendship,
Walter Hjelt Sullivan

Program Director
Earth Quaker Action Team
www.GreenPNC.org
c: 215-588-5417
h: 215-843-1203

  Earth Quaker Action Team

  Green Walk for Jobs and Justice
  Information and Schedule

http://eqat.wordpress.com/walk/
DEPARTING PHILADELPHIA: MON APR 30
DAY OF ACTION IN HARRISBURG: MON MAY 7
ARRIVING IN PITTSBURGH: TUES MAY 15
FINAL DAY OF ACTION AT PNC HQ IN PITTSBURGH: WED MAY 16

Information and registration materials  is now posted on the EQAT
website.  Find out how you can participate.  Spread the word everywhere!
Repost, retweet, and pass along all across the state and beyond.

Watch a personal video invitation from walk visionary George Lakey here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uZqVLVHcSUI

For more about our work: www.GreenPNC.org

--
Walter Hjelt Sullivan