[Sayma-Discuss] SAYMA Guide to our Faith and Practice - 2012 Edition

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Tue May 22 21:59:39 EDT 2012

Dear SAYMA Friends,

The Committee to Revise the Guide to our Faith and Practice  (Alan Robinson,
Edie Patrick,  Barbara Esther, Missy Ivey, Tim Lamm (x office) and I) and Ad
Hoc Guide Publishing Committee  (Alan Robinson, Hank Fay, Liz Perch, Tim
Lamm (ex officio) and I) and  are happy to announce that way has opened to
proceed with the publication of SAYMA's Guide to our Faith and Practice
(Guide).

The Ad Hoc SAYMA Guide Publishing Committee, established at the Fall 2011
Representative's Meeting, has chosen Lulu.com as the publisher of our YM's
80 page Guide.   This will allow anyone to order a copy on line and have it
shipped to the address of their choice without needing to order thru the
Administrative Assistant's office.   It also means that we don't need to put
a lot of money into book inventory.   Using Lulu.com will make it much
easier to make future changes to the Guide, like the still to being revised
Queries Section, whenever changes are approved by a Yearly Meeting business
session.

Each Monthly Meeting and Worship Group that has already placed an order with
Liz, SAYMA's Administrative Assistant and are being asked to pick up their
books  when they register on their arrival  at YM.   If you have not yet
paid for your order, be sure and bring payment as all orders must be paid in
full before they can be taken home.   There will also be  copies of the
Guide available at the SAYMA YM  bookstore at the same $ 7.00 a copy the
Monthly Meetings and Worship Groups were charged.

If you are not attending YM or have not ordered a Guide thru your local
meeting or worship group, you can buy the Guide at the Lulu site for  $7.00
plus shipping and handling.   To Order go to:

<http://www.lulu.com/shop/southern-appalachian-yearly-meeting-and-associatio
n/fp2012/paperback/product-20122494.html>
http://www.lulu.com/shop/southern-appalachian-yearly-meeting-and-association
/fp2012/paperback/product-20122494.html

What about the Queries Section which has not been reviewed so far?   The
Committee to review the Guide to our Faith and Practice has agreed to
continue until it completes the revision of the Queries section of the
Guide.   At least 2 new members will need to join for us to achieve the
minimum size needed (5) to constitute a valid revision committee.    If you
feel led to be part of this work, please contact anyone on the Nominating
Committee or myself.  You can be sure that the time and energy spent will
result in a wonderful return on your investment.

Thank you to all who have served on the various committee revision
committees during this more than 11 years we worked and prayed our way to
making clearer what we  in SAYMA collectively believe to be our Yearly
Meeting's  Faith and our Practice.    Thanks to everyone at all the Monthly
Meetings, Preparative Meetings, Worship Groups and those who participated at
Yearly Meeting sessions to do the "Spirit Wrestling" needed to produce
SAYMA's 2012 revision of the Guide

Now all we need to do is to keep the Faith and to . . . .  Practice . . .
Practice . . .  and then ... Practice some more.

Free Polazzo , Clerk

Committee to Revise the Guide to our Faith and Practice

Committee to Publish the Guide to our Faith and Practice

5525 Dorsett Shoals Lane

Douglasville, GA 30135

770-949-1707  (H)

770-778-8507  (C)

PS:  Below is a link to a blog which gives some of our on line book
publisher Lulu's history on the 10th anniversary of its founding.

<http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=13620&id=h455qeq8imyudka
kjlydizjmp1u8d&id2=3gf7ikbpufayygld0wzuezu625hjq&subscriber_id=bzwmkhowgoeth
wjmtwaobjjteopgblo&delivery_id=bxlrjpreawfnaqooezicvwoqzdmnbie&tid=3.NTQ.B4D
FKA.GRZE.q9D8..ASjCNg.b..s.ARzB.b.T7PrIA.T7TILA.HqvRFg> Description:

http://www.lulu.com/static/images/eml_white-blank.jpg
<http://www.lulu.com/static/images/eml_white-blank.jpg>

http://www.lulu.com/static/images/eml_white-blank.jpg
<http://www.lulu.com/static/images/eml_white-blank.jpg>

http://www.lulu.com/static/images/eml_white-blank.jpg
<http://www.lulu.com/static/images/eml_white-blank.jpg>

<http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=13620&id=h455qeq8imyudka
kjlydizjmp1u8d&id2=bdfv99y0iuat28t5iz0yz6k1z71wn&subscriber_id=bzwmkhowgoeth
wjmtwaobjjteopgblo&delivery_id=bxlrjpreawfnaqooezicvwoqzdmnbie&tid=3.NTQ.B4D
FKA.GRZE.q9D8..ASjCNg.b..s.ARzB.b.T7PrIA.T7TILA.HqvRFg> Description:
we're going

https://app.bronto.com/public/open/process/?fn=Link&ssid=13620&id=h455qeq8im
yudkakjlydizjmp1u8d&ceid=C7kD6AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHgMUo&deid=C7kD7gAAAAAAAAAAAAABK
MI2&meid=C7kD6wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGRZE&ec=b1fb28