[Sayma-Discuss] FW: AFSC asks you to tell the President: Peace is a Priority

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Fri Nov 9 15:15:25 EST 2012

Hi SAYMA Friend,

In case you are not on the AFSC mailing list, here is a message from Shan Cretin, asking for signers to a petition that you might be of interest to you.

-- Free

Free Polazzo

“No one can be free unless everyone can be free”

 American Friends Service Committee <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50601/images/14571/AFSC-logo-trans.png>

Tell the President to Keep His Promises!

Urge President Obama to prioritize peace and help millions of Americans
living in poverty.

 <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=UEhLYV1yz8HL3W7bHn9dcon2hE9vjhwn> Sign our Petition

Free,

You and I woke up this morning knowing that President Obama will lead our nation for the next four years... NOW let’s remind him that for the future of our children, the future of our planet, peace must be a national priority.

Please take a moment to sign AFSC’s petition to the president right away! <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6yTn8mdjKmh%2FHQuP4diJX4n2hE9vjhwn>

The president has every opportunity to lay foundations for lasting peace in his second term. Ending the Afghanistan War is paramount – but you and I know that peace is much, much more than the absence of war.

Please urge President Obama to use the power of his office to promote peace – by putting resources into it. The more petitions we can deliver by Inauguration Day, the stronger our voice will be.  Please sign our online petition today. <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=4xq6CweIolwktEy2tLcOUon2hE9vjhwn>

President Obama will be sworn in for his second term on January 20, and the actions he takes early on will be critically important. The number of people living at or below the poverty line is now the highest it’s been in 20 years. Military contractors and others will continue to push for military expansion, diverting money that could fund needed jobs, education, and social programs. We do have a choice in where we put our resources. Tell the president that after more than a decade of needless war, it is time to choose life.

As a candidate, the president voiced his concern for those who are struggling—but it’s up to you and me to remind him that caring alone is not enough. He must take decisive action to change our national priorities.

If you agree, please sign our petition to the president right now. <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DWqhJRCEmRCoI3pIsm%2Bku5Xbd50dbjB2>

Together we can put an end to runaway military spending and endless wars and restore funding for human needs.

 Shan Cretin <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50601/images/shan-email-signature.gif>

Shan Cretin

  _____

American Friends Service Committee