[Sayma-Discuss] a note to all of us, regarding violence and intolerance

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Wed Sep 12 22:49:07 EDT 2012

Dear Friends,

Received this from a Friend of mine.    There is a lot of hate male about
Muslims resurfacing and you may want to send this out to your lists, too.

-- Free

"No one can be free unless everyone can be free"

The American Society for Muslim Advancement (ASMA) unequivocally denounces
the cowardly killing of U.S. Ambassador to Libya, J. Christopher Stevens,
and three Embassy workers, by those using the pretext of an obscure YouTube
film aimed at depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a negative light.
Regardless of motive, rationalization or evidence, this action must be
condemned.

Violent extremism seeks to inflict harm on innocent people and is an
absolute corruption of Islamic doctrine.  We stand together with the
victims' families and the Libyan people in condemning all extremist groups.
We want to remind the American and Libyan public that the extremist groups
do not represent the teachings of Islam. The extremists use religion as a
veneer to further their political agenda, which includes killing innocent
Muslims who do not espouse their message of intolerance.

We extend our deepest sympathies to the families of those who were lost and
urge people not to use these senseless killings to blame Muslims and the
Libyan people during this tragedy.

We call all Muslims to unite in condemning all extremists who terrorize the
innocent.  Please join us in praying for J. Christopher Stevens and the
Embassy workers and honoring the service of
<http://e2ma.net/go/11110886346/208951334/234808204/1407873/goto:http:/youtu
.be/WGk4vUcGzY0> Chris Stevens.

Daisy Khan