[Sayma-Discuss] FW: Program Update Call on Policy and Advocacy: Sept. 27

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Tue Sep 25 15:32:16 EDT 2012

Dear  Friends,

The American Friends Service Committee offers a monthly conference call for anyone interested in learning more about our work. Each update involves one or more program staff discussing their experiences on the front lines of activism. The session allows time for questions from listeners about the program.   This month's call is outlined below:

-- Free
770-778-8507  (C)
freepolazzo at comcast.net
==============================================================================================================

Join us for a conversation on policy and advocacy, Thursday, Sept. 27, at 6 p.m. Eastern.

Toll Free: 866-740-1260
International: 303-209-1600
Access Code: 2419-991

Please join me for a call with Joseph Gerson, director of AFSC’s Peace and Economic Security Program, and Aura Kanegis, director of AFSC’s National Office of Public Policy and Advocacy.
Joseph will discuss his work on alternatives to militarization and alternate directions for U.S. policies. Aura will share with us how this work assists her efforts in effecting policy change in Washington, D.C.

We’d like to hear from you. Please send any advance questions to ask at afsc.org (please include [Donor Call] in the subject line.)

A recording of this call will be available online at http://afsc.org/programupdates.

If you’d like to hear particular topics discussed in future program update conference calls, please, let us know what interests you.

I look forward to speaking with you this Thursday at 6 p.m. Eastern time.
 Tara 'Tay' Collins

American Friends Service Committee
American Friends Service Committee
1501 Cherry Street