[Sayma-Discuss] Fw: Columbia, SC, Exiling the Homeless from Downtown

Shaun Chavis schavis at mac.com
Sun Aug 25 16:44:48 EDT 2013

Interesting. I just read that recently in downtown Raleigh, a church group that had been feeding the homeless in a downtown park every week for six years were stopped by the police and told they'd be arrested if they distributed any food, despite the fact that the church has had a good working relationship with the police for years.

Another reason why I increasingly feel a need for a new Civil Rights Movement...

Shaun Chavis
Birmingham

Sent from my iPhone