[Sayma-Discuss] FW: AFSC Seeks Board Clerk - Call for Nominations!

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at att.net
Thu Jul 25 21:49:34 EDT 2013

Hi,

If you already received this please accept my apologies.  Just making as
many Friends as possible know of this volunteer opportunity at American
Friends Service Committee.

---------------------------------

Dear F/friends of AFSC:

]We need your help! The American Friends Service Committee is seeking a new
clerk to be appointed in November of 2013, and to begin service in March of
2014. We are asking all of you in our Quaker and AFSC communities to help us
identify candidates who can lead the AFSC in the coming years.

We seek a clerk who is spirit-led, and who can unite those of very different
backgrounds and experiences. Our clerk will need excellent clerking skills
and experience. She or he must be a member of the Religious Society of
Friends and have been active in Friends organizations. In addition the clerk
should have AFSC governance experience, including service on a regional
administrative committee, a committee of the AFSC Corporation, a Board
committee, or the AFSC Board of Directors. The clerk should expect to be
very busy, particularly in carrying forward a new strategic plan, and
celebrating the first 100 years of the AFSC.

If you have ideas about who might both meet these criteria and have interest
in serving as AFSC clerk, please review the job description statement
<https://afsc.org/sites/afsc.civicactions.net/files/documents/Expectations%2
0for%20the%20Clerk.pdf>  carefully and fill out the AFSC Clerk Nomination
Form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TYL5LKVGA0gtb2JU4CpKYFXAAaMq5mTZaA6ccUZK5g
Y/viewform>  by August 20, 2013.

We look forward to hearing from you, as we search for the best candidate,
called to lead the AFSC.

For more information, please visit:
https://afsc.org/story/afsc-seeks-new-board-clerk