[Sayma-Discuss] Summer YAF Conference

Roy H Taylor III wrldpeas at mindspring.com
Sun May 19 11:07:19 EDT 2013

Dear Friends,

As your representative to Quaker Earthcare Witness I am forwarding this letter from one of the organizers of the YAF Conference at Pendle Hill.  It is a great opportunity for you or a young adult friend in your life. QEW is one of the supporters of this conference.

Roy Taylor

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Emily Higgs <higgs.emily at gmail.com>
> Subject:  Summer YAF conference on Simplicity
> Date: May 18, 2013 6:17:58 PM EDT
>

> Dear QEW Friends,
>
> Thank you all for your generous and impressive support for this summer's young adult Friends conference at Pendle Hill from June 14-19.  It has meant so much to have QEW support for this conference two years in a row, and as we turn our attention to simplicity in all its forms, it really is exciting to know that soon 40 young adults from around the continent will be coming together to talk about sustainability, consumerism, being close to God, and radical non-violent ways of transforming ourselves and our society into something of which we can be proud.
>
> I'm writing to request your help as we move into a final recruitment phase.  We have about 11 spots left for young adults at this summer's conference, and I really am hoping those participants will be found through the caring, welcoming act of older Friends identifying younger Friends in your communities, and personally reaching out to them with this invitation.  You can find information to share with potential participants at www.pendlehill.org/yald, or by sending this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXn5dYspheQ.  The program, available on the website, includes speakers such as Shane Claiborne, Michael Gangé, Valerie Brown, Amanda Kemp, Will O'Brien, and more.
>
> I thank you again for your financial support.  Every gift you make goes to ensuring that no young adult is turned away for lack of funds.  Now I thank you in advance for your help in this last push of filling out our participant cohort.
>
> I will be back in touch following the conference with photos, testimonials and a report, like last year.  In case you missed it last year, I'm re-attaching our 2012 report so you can see what kind of impact this conference has.
>
> With gratitude,
> Emily Higgs

If the report is stripped in this emailing contact me and I will send it to you directly. rht