[Sayma-Discuss] ERA May Issue Team Call (warning- this is a political issue)

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Wed May 29 22:28:53 EDT 2013

Dear Friends,

There is a call on May 29th  by the Progressive Democrats of America to strategize about the Equal Rights Amendment being approved.    I know many of you abhor politics, but politics is the “art of the possible” and my experience as an active member of my  local county party and GA State party has been very rewarding and fruitful.

It is wonderful to be in on the planning and other work that can effect positive changes in the laws that diminish many in our society.   Women are still treated as 2nd class citizens and little is being done to address the systemic obstacles put in the way of equal treatment under the law.   Women of ALL races and national origin and sexual orientation and different abilities all are covered by this amendment.    Even men will benefit if the ERA passes.  It is only the Patriarchy and its supporters that like it the way it is.     You can decide on your own who that is.

This is not a pretty process as most of the people on the call are from areas way far from each other.  Yet, they are taking on an issue which may be dear and near to many Friends so that is why I am sending this out to the AFM list as well as the SAYMA list.

My hope is that the Republican Party would also be organizing to approve the Equal Rights Amendment and that we will see an email from one of their members who is a Friend that we need to join in with them.  In the meantime, I am not going to miss this bus because approximately one third of the USA’s population doesn’t want to get on it.

Free Polazzo

5525 Dorsett Shoals Lane

Douglasville, GA 30135

770-778-8507  (C)

freepolazzo at comcast.net

“No one can be free unless everyone can be free”

 <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Mbb78qNXUPwp2wvHZqt%2BhnfbU5ARYTzG>

Click here to View Online and share on Facebook/Twitter <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3LvsoKSwpcCr0OQnppRV1XfbU5ARYTzG>

 <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Z8tVuy1q%2F27MeDErITMCJnfbU5ARYTzG> Tell a Friend

Call starts in 30 minutes