[Sayma-Discuss] U.K. SodaStream Shop Shutters After Two Years

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at att.net
Tue Jul 8 12:21:59 EDT 2014

Hi SAYMA & AFM Friends,

Since we have been having discourses about the efficacy of boycotts I
thought this would be of interest to SAYMA and Atlanta Meeting Friends.
Here is a (Short) story about success of a boycott of SodaStream in the UK.

http://tinyurl.com/pq6cs89

Also, of interest is that Keurig, Inc. (the maker of those K-Cup machines
and coffee pods) is building a factory in my county (Douglas, GA) to build a
machine what will compete with SodaStream.    The largest stockholder of
Keurig, Inc. is Atlanta based Coca-Cola, whom our local office of AFSC
helped to divest from South Africa during that very successful  Boycott
Divest and Sanctions (BDS) work to end Apartheid in South Africa.   This
article will help Friends who don't know what SodaStream's product does
better understand why they have been chosen as one of the West Bank
companies to boycott.

http://www.ajc.com/news/business/economy/keurig-bringing-550-jobs-to-douglas
-county/ngPJK/

Peace thru Justice,