[Sayma-Discuss] Quaker Universalist Conversations - Steven Davison's blog post, "The New Lamb's War"

Mike Shell bright_crow at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 21 14:44:21 EDT 2014

Friends,

Excerpts at
http://universalistfriends.org/weblog/the-new-lamb-s-war-a-blog-post-by-stev
en-davison of Friend Steven Davison's blog post for June 21st, "The New Lamb
<http://throughtheflamingsword.wordpress.com/2014/06/21/the-new-lambs-war-th
e-language-and-worldview-of-quaker-prophetic-witness/> 's War-The Language
and Worldview of Quaker Prophetic Witness."

We Liberal Quakers have an altogether different approach to the threat
implied in prophetic witness and we need a new rationale for why that threat
matters.. To be meaningful and effective today, Quaker witness must present
a real and present danger to the evildoers of the world. Yet the threat must
represent a Third Way..

- from Through the Flaming Sword: Exploring Quaker Spirituality, History,
Faith and
<http://throughtheflamingsword.wordpress.com/2014/06/21/the-new-lambs-war-th
e-language-and-worldview-of-quaker-prophetic-witness/>  Practice

Blessings,

Mike

Michael Austin Shell

 <mailto:bright_crow at mindspring.com> bright_crow at mindspring.com