[Sayma-Discuss] Peacebuilders Camp update

Jonah McDonald jonahpmcd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 17:20:51 EDT 2015

Hi Friends,

I think I've told many of you about the camp I co-founded back in 2010:
Peacebuilders Camp at Koinonia Farm. A couple SAYMA youth (this year from
the Atlanta Friends Meeting) are coming this summer. And we've had multiple
other Quaker teens participate in the past.

Peacebuilders Camp is a sliding scale summer camp that draws a diverse
group of youth from all over the Southeast to learn about human rights
together in rural Georgia.

The big news is that we are expanding camp - adding 12 more slots for this
summer. Because Peacebuilders Camp tuition is run on a sliding scale, we
are raising money to ensure that no camper is turned away for financial
reasons.

Here are three ways you can help:

1. Donate! <http://igg.me/at/peacebuilders> From $10 on up, every little
bit helps us toward our goal AND you get great perks like candied pecans
from the farm or a Peacebuilders T-shirt. After you donate, be sure
to leave a comment letting us know why you support this project!
http://igg.me/at/peacebuilders

2. Share! <http://igg.me/at/peacebuilders> Use the buttons at the top of
the Indiegogo page to share our campaign via email or social media with
friends you think might be supportive. If you're part of a group that would
be excited about our mission, consider posting in your Facebook group or on
your listserv. (You can also use this Facebook event to send direct invites
to your Facebook friends: https://www.facebook.com/events/898391263560616/)

3. Connect! <http://www.peacebuilderscamp.org/contact/> We’d love to come
tell your peace & justice organization, neighborhood group, faith
community, dinner party, book club, breakfast club, choir, intentional
community, or other like-minded group about Peacebuilders Camp. Bring us to
your next meeting!

Questions? Contact me!

Jonah McDonald
404-373-8036