[Sayma-Discuss] FW: AFSC endorses the Movement for Black Lives platform

Mike Shell bright_crow at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 28 12:57:09 EDT 2016

Friends,

Please share this.

Thanks.

Crow-signature

Blessings,

Mike

From: AFSC Now [mailto:actioncenter at afsc.org]
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2016 12:36 PM
To: Michael Shell
Subject: AFSC endorses the Movement for Black Lives platform

Add  <mailto:actioncenter at afsc.org> actioncenter at afsc.org to your address book.

AFSC Now

 American Friends Service Committee (star logo) <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50601/images/14569/AFSC-logo-trans.png>

October 2016

ENDING DISCRIMINATION

AFSC endorses the Movement for Black Lives platform

Mural of Freddie Gray in Baltimore Photo: AFSC/Bryan Vana

Photo: AFSC/Bryan Vana

"The Movement for Black Lives Platform is aligned with our key work areas at AFSC: building peace, immigrant rights, addressing prisons, just economies, and ending racism and discrimination,” said General Secretary Shan Cretin.

Ankle monitoring bracelet. Photo: Brave New Films

ADDRESSING PRISONS

Private prisons are cashing in on the movement to end mass incarceration

A new report by AFSC exposes the growing "treatment industrial complex."

Gaza resident Photo: AFSC/Mike Merryman-Lotze

BUILDING PEACE

Snapshots of life in Gaza living under blockade

>From getting clean water to keeping a business open, the blockade is all about "finding ways to survive."

Sitawa and Marie. Courtesy photo

ADDRESSING PRISONS

A sister’s story of the Pelican Bay Prison hunger strike

An interview with Marie Levin, an advocate and sister to Sitawa Nantambu Jamaawh, who spent 31 years in solitary confinement in a California prison.

Mohammed Omer. Courtesy photo

BUILDING PEACE

Join us: "Gaza from the Frontlines"

This fall, AFSC presents a speaking tour with Mohammed Omer, prize-winning Palestinian journalist and author who has documented the realities faced by people in Gaza for over a decade.

FacebookFacebook

Twitter at AFSC_org

Donate now

About This Email

You received this message because you signed up for AFSC's newsletter.

 unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | Contact

American Friends Service Committee
1501 Cherry Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.