[Sayma-Discuss] Joann Sfar, from the afterword of "Klezmer, Book One"

Mike Shell bright_crow at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 4 09:55:00 EDT 2017

Friends,

"I believe God loves those moments when we do without him.  He thinks, 'At
last, they're going to stop walking around with their nose up in the air
awaiting some supernatural magic; they're going to watch the snow and the
trees and start to think a bit.  They're doing the job without me, inventing
utopias that don't have me as their essence; they are finding within
themselves there reason for all things.  In fact, without realizing it, they
are understanding my Law, for it is the Law of the world."

- Klezmer, Book One: Tales of the Wild West
<http://www.jewishbookcouncil.org/book/klezmer-book-one-tales-of-the-wild-ea
st> , by Joann Sfar <https://www.facebook.com/people/Joann-Sfar/801503210> ,
author of The Rabbi's Cat
<http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/164515/the-rabbis-cat-by-joann-sfar
/9780375714641/> .

See
https://jewishreviewofbooks.com/articles/1539/drawing-conclusions-joann-sfar
-and-the-jews-of-france/.

>From The Rabbi's Cat. (C Joann Sfar. Published by arrangement with Pantheon
Books, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. All rights reserved.)

Blessings,

Mike